If you’re like me, every once in a while you like to put on some music and pretend you’re a celebrity chef or a food show contestant in the kitchen — although I never can get my dough to prove well enough to impress Paul H.
(Also, if you’re like me, you hate having to read someone’s life story in a food blog before you get to the good stuff. Have no fear, we’re going to get right to the facts below.)
CBD recipes are popping up everywhere, and cooking products like CBD-infused butter are widely available, but often expensive. The great news is that CBD oil blends really well with a wide variety of foods, both savoury and sweet. From appetisers to desserts, CBD can fit into any part of a meal.
That’s why we created CBDfx Kitchen Classics. In this series, we share our favorite CBD recipes.
Parties and social events can come with no small amount of anxiety for many people. That’s one of the reasons why CBD appetisers and nibbly snack recipes are particularly appealing. By kicking off a party with a delicious treat that also soothes the nerves, everyone can enjoy themselves and be more at ease.
Of course, just like with food allergies and alcohol, you want to make sure the people you’re feeding know what’s in their appetisers. Your guests should be properly informed of what’s in your special recipe and have the option to choose whether they partake in your CBD treats.
Okay! Let’s get to the info.
A Quick Note on Cooking With CBD Oil
The recipes in the CBDfx Kitchen Classics don’t typically involve much cooking, at least with the CBD oil itself. When you heat CBD oil to a certain temperature, it loses its potency. For that reason, we keep our oven temperatures below 180 degrees and often find ways to mix in the CBD oil before or after heat.
Two of our appetiser recipes do involve cooking with heat, but we’ll never place the CBD oil over direct heat.
How Much CBD Oil Should I Cook With?
As for the amount of CBD in any given recipe, we use a simple formula. We multiply the number of servings in the recipe by the recommended serving of the CBD product we add. For example, if a recipe makes six servings and the recommended serving of a CBD oil tincture is 1mL of CBD oil, then we will add 6mL of CBD oil to the recipe.
There’s a caveat to this: everyone’s tolerance to CBD is different. Always factor in the tolerance of everyone who is partaking in the appetiser.
Also, make sure that everyone is sticking to the recommended serving size. If you’re making a guacamole recipe and throwing six servings of CBD Sleep Oil Tincture into it, you should know that if you eat the entire bowl of guac, you’re taking six times the recommended amount.
Be smart and be mindful of what the tolerance level is for you and anyone else who might be enjoying your CBD app.
What Are the CBDfx CBD Oils We’ll Cook With?
Like any other ingredient, only cook with the best!
With our CBD appetisers, we’ll work with our own CBD oil tinctures. CBDfx is one of the most respected CBD brands in the world, and our CBD is tested by a third-party lab, so you’re always getting the highest-quality CBD, free from pesticides, chemical residue and filler ingredients that come with cheaper products.
CBDfx has two different CBD oils.
Wellness CBD + CBG 2:1 Tincture
Our Wellness CBD + CBG 2:1 Tincture is packed with antioxidants and superfoods, like curcumin, coenzyme Q10, as well as a 2:1 ratio of broad spectrum CBD and CBG. This tasty tincture is a healthy supplement on its own!
The flavour is citrusy, with a tiny hint of turmeric, making it great for bright summer dishes as well as savoury, cozy comfort food.
CBD Oil Hemp Tincture
Our CBD Oil Hemp Tincture is a pure and simple ingredient for any recipe. It’s formulated with high-quality CBD oil and coconut-derived MCT oil. Also, it’s available in three strengths, regular (500mg), extra strength (1000mg), and maximum strength (1500mg).
This hemp tincture has a rich flavour with botanical notes. It goes well with pretty much anything.
Hey! DIDN’T HE SAY HE WAS GOING TO GET STRAIGHT TO THE RECIPES???
CBDfx CBD Recipes: CBD Guacamole
Let’s start with a sure crowd pleaser. Guacamole is easy to whip up, whether you’re planning a big event or feeding surprise guests at the last minute. This CBD guac dip tastes amazing and will provide a mellow vibe for the evening.
Approximately 6 servings
6 droppers CBDfx CBD oil
3 limes (juiced)
1 minced garlic clove
1 chopped yellow onion
Pinch of chopped cilantro / coriander leaves
Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Pit the avocados and scoop them into a mixing bowl. Mash them (a fork works fine) and leave ’em a little chunky.
- Add in the chopped onions, minced garlic, coriander leaves, and CBD oil, then fold it all together.
- Put it in your serving dish. Salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil. Mix it lightly one more time.
CBDfx CBD Recipes: CBD Potato Skins
Potato skins may seem a bit basic, but they’re a comforting and delicious treat for everything from football parties to holidays. This is a no-nonsense appetiser that will appeal to nearly everyone (it does have bacon in it, after all).
4 baking potatoes
4 droppers CBDfx CBD oil
225g diced bacon
170g cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
Handful of spring onion
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and bake them at 200 degrees for 1 hour, or until the skins are crispy and a fork goes easily into your spud. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until it’s full of crispy bacon goodness. Put it in a small bowl and save that bacon fat for step 5.
- Grate cheese (2 cups worth), trim spring onions, and mix them in a bowl with the bacon and your CBD oil.
- Cut each potato into four wedges, then scoop the potato flesh out of the skin. Some people dump the scooped potato out, but it’s also nice to mix some in with your cheese, bacon, etc.
- Put the wedges on a baking sheet, coat them with a little of the bacon fat (yum), and then scoop your cheese/bacon/CBD oil/spring onion mixture on top.
- Place into oven at 150 degrees (don’t broil, because the heat will make the CBD lose its potency). Let that cheese bubble!
- Top with sour cream and serve.
CBDfx CBD Recipes: Vegan CBD Mushroom Tapas
Those potato skins were a bit heavy on the dairy and … bacon. Here’s a delicious vegan CBD recipe that’s elegant enough for a dinner party and easy enough for any weeknight.
12–14 cremini mushrooms
4 droppers CBDfx CBD oil
Extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
180 ml of dry white wine
Baguette or rustic bread
- Clean mushrooms and slice
- Peel and mince garlic
- Place your frying pan on medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil. Not too much (just a couple of tablespoons), because you’ll be adding CBD oil later, and you don’t want this to get too oily.
- Add minced garlic and stir. Before the garlic browns, add your mushrooms. Saute and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove and place in a bowl. Mix in CBD oil.
- Serve with bread, either on toasted sliced pieces like bruschetta, or in a bowl.
Cooking With CBD
Visit our blog and keep an eye out for more CBDfx Kitchen Classics recipes, from dinners to desserts! Happy cooking!
Looking to add a CBD oil tincture to your kitchen cupboard? Check out our complete selection!